From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: council members and appeals
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 14:41:39
1 On February 13, 2018 8:51:59 AM EST, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
2 >On 02/13/2018 02:43 PM, Aaron Bauman wrote:
3 >> You make a lot of bold claims. If only they were true. There is
4 >definitely one council member who has said they WILL NOT recuse
5 >themselves from a council vote if a conflict arose. They even went on
6 >to quote the lack of policy forcing them to recuse themselves.
7 >
8 >As this is likely referring to me, it is a misattribution that is
9 >actually more in line with rich0's statements than anything else. A
10 >difference of opinion does not necessarily constitute a conflict of
11 >interest, and I will not recuse myself on general grounds from a
12 >council
13 >decision because I'm also involved (lead or not) of a project.
14 >
15 >I explicitly said I _would_ recuse myself if there is a conflict of
16 >interest.
17
18 Right, you did state that. The issue is the misunderstanding of a conflict of interest as noted in my previous reply to Rich.
21 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.