From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call For Agenda Items - 13 May 2014
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 15:51:07
1 On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > I also agree but I would also like to mention that I do not think
3 > discussing the 'default USE flags' is so important. Anyone who cares
4 > about security or production use of openssh he/she should be able to
5 > figure out the good default for him/her and disable those that he/she
6 > consider dangerous. Why people are so nervous about the default use
7 > flags? it's a simple one line in package.use to configure your package
8 > they way you want to. In my opinion, the default use flags should be
9 > left at maintainers' discretion
10
11 Well, I'm all for security being a consideration, but it is still up
12 to maintainer's discretion. The most minimal configuration is not
13 necessarily the most secure.
14
15 For all we know the next openssl vulnerability will only affect people
16 who don't have tls-heartbeat enabled.
17
18 Rich