From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2019-05-12
Date: Sun, 05 May 2019 06:51:19
1 On Mon, 2019-04-29 at 00:42 +0200, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
2 > In two weeks from now, the council will meet again. This is the time
3 > to raise and prepare items that the council should put on the agenda
4 > to discuss or vote on.
5 >
6 > Please respond to this message with agenda items. Do not hesitate to
7 > repeat your agenda item here with a pointer if you previously
8 > suggested one (since the last meeting).
11 I would like to request the Council to vote on making 17.1 profiles
12 stable. The profiles were present for a 1.5 yr now, and are in dev for
13 half a year. The most important obstacles on the course to migration
14 have been removed, the remaining bugs being either 'cleanup to be done
15 once we switch' or dead packages.
16
17 If large number of stable profiles is the problem, I'd suggest marking
18 17.0 dev simultaneously. This shouldn't cause any major problems since
19 breakage relating to one category of profiles and not the other is
20 rather unlikely, and responsible devs use 'repoman full -d' anyway.
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny