From: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o>
To: Andrey Utkin <andrey_utkin@g.o>
Cc: "Göktürk Yüksek" <gokturk@g.o>, gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: Andrey Utkin (andrey_utkin)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 22:39:22
1 On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 22:25:00 +0000
2 Göktürk Yüksek <gokturk@g.o> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA512
6 >
7 > Good day everyone!
8 >
9 > It is my pleasure to announce the latest addition to our family.
10 >
11 > Andrey Utkin is joining us from Ipswich, UK. He has been working on
12 > boto3 and related packages, and expresses interest in openrc. He has
13 > experience in multimedia processing, VoIP, and kernel driver development
14 > .
15 >
16 > Here is how he describes himself:
17 >
18 > "I am a loyal Gentoo user since 2007. Having used Slackware, Debian
19 > and FreeBSD before, I was stunned by Gentoo's transparency,
20 > comprehensiveness and convenience, in part because it forced me to
21 > learn many new things about how Linux works so that things _became_
22 > transparent and comprehensive to me.
23 >
24 > I am married to an awesome lady who is also a software engineer. We
25 > became happy parents this June. Because of this I expect severe
26 > shortage on free time, but my addiction to Gentoo will prevail anyway
27 > and I'll find time to work on it regularly."
28 >
29 > Please give him a warm welcome!
30
31 Welcome! \o/