From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] Asynchronous Council
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 11:20:44
1 On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 7:01 AM Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > 5. When the discussion settles (either reaching a conclusion or
4 > saturating all the arguments), the Council votes on the bug.
5
6 It might not hurt to flesh this bit out a bit so that bugs don't just
7 trail off endlessly. I'm not sure if that needs to be
8 super-formalized but in this sort of system the Council would benefit
9 to periodically review bugs and nudge them along.
10
11 Maybe have a weekly council bug wrangler role that just rotates
12 through the list?
13
14 This is a detail though - I completely agree with the overall approach
15 you propose.
16
17 > WDYT?
18
19 I think it is a great idea. IMO it is a vast improvement over what we
20 have today. Too much shooting from the hip with the current state and
21 finding a common timezone for such a diverse group is difficult
22 anyway.
23
24 It also gets rid of the need for proxies. That said, proxies weren't
25 a bad way to get more people involved. But, there is no reason that
26 some other form of mentoring couldn't happen. If anything this system
27 makes the entire process more open.
30 Rich
34 Rich