From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: Sebastian Pipping (sping)
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 19:30:25
1 > It's my pleasure to introduce you to our newest addition: Joining us
2 > from the capital of Germany, Berlin, is Sebastian "sping" Pipping. He
3 > has already contributed to Gentoo in various ways and his primary
4 > objective will be to finish the Gentoo machine setup statistics tool
5 > which he has been working on during Google Summer of Code 2009. Later he
6 > also plans to join the KDE and Qt teams, as he has already been working
7 > at Qt Software before.
8 >
9 > As former implies he is still a student, precisely a student of computer
10 > science. His contributions to the free software community include work
11 > around XSPF [1] with the Xiph.org Foundation, the search bar in
12 > Kate/KWrite of KDE 4.x, a RFC 3986 URI handling library called uriparser
13 > [2] and a web view on a set of bugs for Debian called "Debian Packages
14 > that Need Lovin'" [3]. The tools he is having the most fun with these
15 > days are Git and Python.
16 >
17 > He hopes to help make a few things work better in Gentoo, and says there
18 > is a lot of work to do.
19 > When he is not sitting in front of a screen he enjoys swimming and
20 > sleeping deep into the day. :-)
21 >
22 > Please give him a warm welcome.
23 >
24 > Regards,
25 > Tobias
26 >
27 > [1] http://validator.xspf.org/
28 > [2] http://uriparser.sourceforge.net/
29 > [3] http://wnpp.debian.net/
30 Welcome Sebastian. Good to have you on our "family" .
31 Better late than never :D
34 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
35 Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sunrise/Sound]
36 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org