From: "Justin <jlec>" <jlec@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] [gentoo-dev-announce] New Developer: Austin English (wizardedit)
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 16:28:14
1 Dear everyone,
2
3 it's a pleasure to announce Austin English (wizardedit) as a Gentoo
4 Developer!
5
6 Austin is working with Gentoo in his day job along with Williamh,
7 chutzpah, Zac Medico, and Brian Dolbec. So he is definitely in good
8 company there.
9
10 He already wrote dozens of ebuilds and is an open source contributor in
11 general. So he will be a nice addition to our team.
12
13 Here are some lines from himself:
16 Hi there. I’m Austin English, I use Gentoo in my daily work, and decided
17 to become a Gentoo developer to make it easier to upstream some ebuilds
18 and other stuff I’m working on that would be useful to the wider community.
19
20 In the wider open source world, I’m known for being the maintainer of
21 Winetricks (https://github.com/Winetricks/winetricks) and a Wine
22 developer (https://winehq.org). I also contribute to Tails
23 (https://tails.boum.org/).
24
25 In the near future, I plan to upload various ebuilds we’ve been using
26 internally, mostly python/json libraries, but plenty of others.
27
28 In the further out future, I have a artifactory-bin package that may be
29 worth cleaning up and committing. In the longer term, I got working
30 build instructions from jfrog, so I may be able to get it working in an
31 ebuild.
34 Please join be in giving him a warm welcome.
35
36 Justin