From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Formally have Council oversee the Foundation 2.0
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 19:20:04
1 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >
3 > However, what we personally do is something we can all control. You
4 > can sue me for things I do wrong. You can't sue me for things others
5 > do wrong. That isn't the same as the situation today, where I as a
6 > developer can do something wrong, and the Foundation could be sued for
7 > it, and now the Trustees have to deal with it, and if they fail to
8 > discharge their duties as Trustees properly they could also be sued.
11 You just said what I've been saying. You can't sue someone for what
12 someone else did. SPI can't be sued because they wouldn't be in control
13 of what was done. SPI takes care of the money, manages the assets and
14 that's it. I've yet to see anywhere on their site that they handle
15 lawsuits. The only exception I could think possible, the IRS.
16
17 Dale
18