From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>, gentoo-project@l.g.o, Gentoo Council <council@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 19:10:41
1 >>>>> On Wed, 30 Sep 2015, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > 2. We deprecate <herd/> in metadata.xml and assign herds/teams/projects
4 > via e-mail addresses. This keeps partial backwards compatibility with
5 > existing tools and solves the bug assignment issue.
6
7 I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but seems that you have
8 missed it. IMHO matching projects via their e-mail address is not a
9 good idea, because some projects have an address <project>-bugs@g.o or
10 dev-<project>@g.o which makes guessing the project's name (and finding
11 the project page) more difficult. Therefore, projects should be
12 matched by their proper name.
13
14 > 2a. If someone really cares about this, we add an extra attribute or
15 > element which indicates the 'kind' of <maintainer/>. Otherwise, we just
16 > match herds.xml by e-mail address.
17
18 Why don't we follow the KISS principle and replace <herd> by <project>
19 in metadata.xml? That is, create a project for every herd.
20
21 Personally, I find this:
22
23 <project>portage</project>