From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] The problem of defunct and undermanned projects in Gentoo
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 18:54:01
1 Ühel kenal päeval, K, 19.07.2017 kell 14:22, kirjutas Rich Freeman:
2 > On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 1:34 PM, Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > >
5 > > OK, so here's the flipside of this.  I'm a member of a few projects
6 > > because I help take care of just a couple of things or maybe even
7 > > just
8 > > a gentoo-carried patch.  Being a project member is necessary as I
9 > > do
10 > > want to have the commit rights on the project, but I'm -not- nor
11 > > ever
12 > > meant to be a general project member or overall maintainer or dev.
15 > You left out another use case - wanting to follow mail on the project
16 > alias.  I could see cases where somebody isn't interest in a project
17 > in general but works on something related and benefits from seeing
18 > the
19 > emails to the alias.
20
21 e-mail alias members and project membership is already disconnect. So
22 he did not leave out this use case. To monitor a mail alias, you don't
23 need to be member of the project (but hopefully have an OK from the
24 project to lurk like this).