From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: comrel@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: comrel changes
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 16:36:38
1 On Mon, 2020-02-17 at 10:18 -0600, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > Since comrel is a special TLP like QA, I think the comrel lead, like
3 > the qa lead, should be confirmed by the council.
6 You may also want to have a GLEP for ComRel like GLEP 48 is for QA.
7
8 > When an issue is filed with comrel, the issue should be addressed
9 > within a reasonable time frame. As someone who has filed issues, I have
10 > seen them sit for months with no action taken.
11 > With all respect to comrel, this is unacceptable. You have a published
12 > policy for how you will process issues, so follow it. If you don't, it
13 > is very upsetting for users/developers who reach out to you for
14 > assistance, weakens your credibility, and by extension negatively affects the
15 > reputation of the entire Gentoo community.
16 >
17 > To promote more transparency with comrel, I would like to
18 > require the comrel lead to send a report to the gentoo-project list monthly
19 > containing these statistics for the previous month:
20 >
21 > - number of bugs received
22 > - number of bugs pending (this is for bugs that are currently in process)
23 > - number of bugs resolved by actions (such as talking to
24 > developers or disciplinary action)
25 > - number of bugs closed without action
26
27 Not sure if you wouldn't need more split, e.g. between requests rejected
28 as invalid, withdrawn or timed out.
29
30 > - number of mediation requests received
31 > - number of mediation requests resolved
32 > - number of mediation requests escalated to bugs
33 > - number of mediation requests dismissed without action
34 >
35 > The comrel lead should be replaced if this report is not sent for three
36 > consecutive months.
37 >
38 > What do others think?
39
40 Overall, the direction seems to make sense.
43 Best regards,
44 Michał Górny