From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-09-10
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 13:33:48
1 On 29 August 2013 14:16, Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 29 August 2013 14:09, Michael Weber <xmw@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On 08/28/2013 01:15 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
4 >>> The feedback on the original question was mostly positive.
5 >>> Most people agree that the long stabilization queues for these
6 >>> architectures create problems
7 >>> for maintainers wishing to drop old versions.
8 >> Is this the only motivation? Drop all the effort that has been put into
9 >> stabilization work on minor arches just for some impatient maintainers?
10 >>
11 >> Keywording/Stabilization is a process we all agreed on joining, so live
12 >> with it.
13 >
14 > Minor arches holding up GLSAs and removal of vulnerable stable ebuilds
15 > for 3 months or more is *not* acceptable, and not something I agreed
16 > to when joining...
17 >
18 > If they can't even do security stabilizations in a reasonable
19 > timeframe, they have no business being considered stable arches.
20 >
21 > --
22 > Cheers,
23 >
24 > Ben | yngwin
25 > Gentoo developer
28 I don't understand why moving an arch to ~testing is considered such
29 an insult by their members and
30 they react like this. It works great for MIPS, it can work great for
31 the others too.
34 Regards,
35 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
36 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang