From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] The mis-concept of "slacking" in Gentoo
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 00:12:57
1 Jorge,
4 On 06/17/10 03:10, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
5 > So everyone can have an idea, I'd suggest looking at the list of the
6 > open retirement bugs[1].
7 > As there seems to be some confusion about the policies to retire
8 > developers, please read the undertakers page[2].
9
10 Interesting links, thanks.
13 Two things come to my mind: Step 2 of the undertakers page reads:
14
15 "When sending an email to the developer in question, make sure you
16 tell him, that he might get retired due to being inactive."
17
18 If I'm not mistaken this is telling the developer about potential
19 retirement on first direct contact. If that's true I don't consider it
20 very sensitive. After all our goal is to keep that developer in, not
21 out. So my proposal is: please add another two weeks and a second mail
22 so the first one does not mention retirement. How about that?
25 The other thing is: what are the reasons to retire inactive developers?
26 Are these reasons documented somewhere?
27
28 Thanks!
32 Sebastian