From: Alex Xu <alex_y_xu@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Infra response re SPF.
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 20:01:20
1 On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 19:25:52 +0000
2 "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > This is the official infra response re SPF in this case.
5 >
6 > On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 12:03:02PM -0500, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
7 > > Something is not "off" with our mail servers, and there is
8 > > currently no way to prevent "From" spoofing without significant
9 > > collateral damage.
10 > Correct.
11 >
12 > Infra does maintain an SPF page as well.
13 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Infrastructure/SPF
14 >
15 > A lot of developers prefer to send mail out via their own mailservers,
16 > and not use the Gentoo mailserver for outgoing mail. This means we
17 > either need to allow them declare those servers, or make sure their
18 > mail won't be rejected anyway.
19 >
20 > Our base SPF rule as pointed out:
21 > gentoo.org. IN TXT "v=spf1 mx ptr
22 > include:%{l}.%{o}.spf.gentoo.org. ?all"
23
24 isn't the "right" solution to just not allow that