From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: New Developer: Ionen Wolkens (ionen)
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 09:14:11
1 On 3.6.2021 12.12, Mikle Kolyada wrote:
2 > Good day/night everyone!
3 >
4 > It is my pleasure to announce the latest addition to our family!
5 >
6 > Ionen is joining us from Sherbrooke, QC, Canada.
7 >
8 > I believe many of you have already had a chance of meeting him in IRC
9 >
10 > and bugzilla as he has been helping in lots of areas
11 >
12 > (nvidia drivers maintaining, bug wrangling, misc fixes, etc).
13 >
14 > Here is how he describes himself:
15 >
16 > "Linux user since 1997, thanks to a Slackware 3.2 CD-ROM that came with
17 > a book I randomly came across in a computer store, but Gentoo user only
18 > since late 2018, I missed out!
19 >
20 > I enjoy problem solving, doing support, and some programming albeit
21 > I've never worked professionally in the field.
22 >
23 > Aside from that, I enjoy old video games, and I've dabbled in
24 > speedrunning. I'd be surprised to be recognized but may have known
25 > me as "Evanidus" from the ALttP randomizer community. Been ~3 years
26 > but old videos of my races are still around."
27 >
28 > Please join me in giving him a warm welcome!
32 Let's hope he won't speedrun this to retirement ;)
33
34 welcome aboard!
35
36 -- juippis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature