From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
Cc: "gentoo-project@l.g.o" <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, Gentoo Council <council@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 20:39:27
1 Dnia 2015-09-30, o godz. 22:36:42
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > > > f) The project e-mail alias is automatically populated from the wiki page
5 > > > (members and contributors).
6 > >
7 > > Is anyone going to actually do it? Or is this a purely theoretical idea
8 > > with nobody willing to do the work?
9 >
10 > It's feasible according to Alex (though he doesnt particularly like the idea).
11
12 That's not my question. I know SMW can do many things. So let me ask
13 again: will someone actually do it? In a reasonable time?
14
15 > > > * Obviously there are exceptions to this rigid structure for few special
16 > > > teams (sec, infra, ...)
17 > >
18 > > Doesn't this kill the whole idea? Or are we talking about projects
19 > > which are not allowed to maintain packages?
20 >
21 > What's maintaining packages got to do with the generation the mail aliases?
22
23 Well, you just said you want to have team names matching e-mail
24 addresses. If you add exceptions, that's no longer true. But if they
25 don't maintain any packages, this won't bite us during bug assignment.
28 Best regards,
29 Michał Górny
30 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>