From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, Gentoo Elections <elections@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2017 / 2018 election
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 01:24:30
1 On 10 June 2017 at 16:29, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 09-06-2017 23:53:33 +0000, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
4 > > Nominations for the Gentoo Council 2017 / 2018 election will start at
5 > > 00:00 UTC 2017/06/10 (Saturday) and will remain open for the next two
6 > > weeks until the end of 2016/06/23 (Friday) (2016/06/24 00:00 UTC).
7 >
8 > I nominate
9 >
10 > [...]
11 > yngwin
12 > [...]
13 >
14 > Thanks,
15 > Fabian
18 > --
19 > Fabian Groffen
20 > Gentoo on a different level
23 Thanks for remembering me! But I haven't been active for the past two
24 years or so. I requested retirement last February (bug #175274), but
25 it hasn't been processed yet.
26
27 May I take the opportunity to request that finally gets done? I still
28 get lots of mail from Gentoo, but I really am not seeing myself
29 return. I would log in and remove myself from various email aliases,
30 but I would have to go through the process of updating my keys
31 first...
32
33 Also, seeing bugs and packages still assigned to me four months after
34 I requested retirement, is not exactly an encouraging sign for the
35 state of Gentoo.
36
37 And if anyone is curious as to the reasons why I left, it is mostly
38 because my interests shifted. I'm spending my free time now mostly on
39 making music, which is just so much more convenient on Windows than it
40 is on Linux. https://soundcloud.com/ablauto if anyone is interested...
41
42 Thank you all for the good times I had in Gentoo, especially Patrick
43 Lauer, Steve Dibb, and the members of the Qt team. I wish you well in
44 your endeavors!
47 Cheers,
48
49 Ben | yngwin