From: "Christopher Díaz Riveros" <chrisadr@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>, "Andreas K.Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>, slyfox <slyfox@g.o>, Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o>, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>, Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>, williamh <williamh@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council nominee 2018/19 questions
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 14:37:15
1 El mar, 26-06-2018 a las 09:11 +0200, Michał Górny escribió:
2 > Hello, everyone.
3 >
4 > Since the nominees for the new Council aren't eager to publish
5 > manifestos, and nobody seems to be asking questions (yet some people are
6 > leaving hostile half-comments), I'd like to start a thread dedicated to
7 > asking the nominees (who accepted) questions related to their views of
8 > the upcoming term. At the same time, I'd like to ask all nominees to
9 > answer all the questions provided by community members.
10 >
11 > I have started a more detailed page about nominees [1], and I will be
12 > adding answers to the questions there. Please note that I will try to
13 > summarize them to shortly fit into the table. If someone doesn't like
14 > my summary, please let me know what to put there. That said, if someone
15 > thinks there's another kind of useful metadata to add to the table, I'd
16 > appreciate that as well.
17 >
18 > To improve readability of the thread, I'll ask my question in reply to
19 > myself ;-).
20 >
21 > Also, please keep the nominees in CC, in case they don't subscribe to
22 > gentoo-project.
23 >
24 > [1]:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:MGorny/Council_elections_2018
25 >
26 Sounds like a good idea, here are my questions:
27
28 What do council-nominees think about the current lack of manpower in Gentoo as a
29 whole, and how do you propose to confront this situation, with facts?
30
31 In the same line that previous question, what global decisions do you consider
32 necessary in order to solve the manpower issue?
33
34 Finally, and this is just a personal opinion, right now I see many devs trying
35 to pull Gentoo to different sides, but what I can't see is a set of common
36 beliefs that join us all in the same vision of what Gentoo should be or do in
37 the near future... how could you address this issue?
38
39 And if you don't consider this an issue, because of being a community-driven
40 project etc, how else do you explain the lack of public information about what
41 Gentoo has done to improve the issues it had 8~10 years ago? If you search
42 Gentoo in google, besides our official pages, there are a bunch of articles
43 addressing Gentoo issues that seem to be old but are not "solved" properly
44 anywhere. Right now I have to go to work, but I'll try to add some references
45 later today or when requested.
46
47 Best regards,
48 --
49 Christopher Díaz Riveros
50 Gentoo Linux Developer
51 GPG Fingerprint: E517 5ECB 8152 98E4 FEBC 2BAA 4DBB D10F 0FDD 2547