From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Evidence of idella4's damage to Gentoo, please
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 14:15:33
1 On Friday, December 2, 2016 10:00:36 AM EST Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 1:10 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
3 >
4 > <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
5 > >> You take everything as good
6 > >> opportunity to express what you have long felt, and divert every topic
7 > >> into your hurt feelings and how Gentoo is bad, except for you and some
8 > >> randomly chosen people who have left Gentoo... and well, unlike you, I
9 > >> don't feel like repeating the story on yet another thread where you
10 > >> have replied. Write a book, make millions selling it and let others
11 > >> live peacefully.
12 > >
13 > > What are you adding here? Anything positive? Anything relevant to others
14 > > on
15 > > the list? Surely sounds like allot of personal opinion directed at me,
16 > > personal insults, and nothing beneficial for the project.
17 >
18 > For what it's worth, I agree with Michał that your presence on the
19 > mailing list can be overwhelming (with overly long emails) to other
20 > list participants, while you often stray off-topic or pivot a thread
21 > towards some issue or history that you care about.
22
23 Not surprising. Despite the fact that Michał Górny comments were even more off
24 topic, and had nothing of value to add to the discussion. But instead was a
25 personal attack and was insulting. I would almost say that is CoC violation
26 right there and you are supporting such comments and behavior.
27
28 You are welcome to use a novel feature called Email filter... You do not have
29 to read anything I post. Nor does Michał Górny need to reply to my posts.
30 Which I get a direct email in addition to the one for the list. So it shows up
31 in my inbox bypassing my list filters. I
32
33 > As you may remember, I wrote the following when you initially appeared
34
35 Did you read what you wrote? Read it again
36
37 > on the Gentoo:
38 > > Your post does not make me confident about your ability to see the
39 > > bigger picture and work with other developers. On the other hand, if
40 > > current Java developers think you'll make a net positive contribution,
41 > > then it makes sense to me to follow their judgement for now.
42
43 The only other active Java dev did speak up. No one listened.... If you all
44 did, I would have been silent long ago working....
45
46 He even warned you all
47
48 "wltjr is afflicted with verbal diarrhoea which, while annoying, is not
49 a crime."
50
51 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/message/
52 24dc672eb7ad1fb61174f91d6e680378
53 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/message/
54 e04f608b9dd11eec31e6129988f09b70
55
56 > In my mind, your behavior on the mailing lists since then has
57 > confirmed my initial suspicion.
58
59 Do you know me? Have you ever interacted with me? Have you ever worked with
60 me? Maybe get to know someone before making judgments on them. You can observe
61 many things, thinking you know something you do not.
62
63 That is also the biggest issue with Comrel. They make no effort to get to know
64 the people they are working with. That may be the first time those people have
65 ever interacted in Gentoo.
66
67 > On the other hand, Michał is a productive and technically competent
68 > core Gentoo contributor, even though I've asked him privately in the
69 > past to try and let fewer of his frustrations leak onto the mailing
70 > list and IRC.
71
72 I am prevented from being able to directly contribute. Given that fact, your
73 statement is quite insulting. Implying I am not a productive member and I
74 should head the way to those that are and never question anything.
75
76 You are basically saying what I have all along. No matter how you conduct
77 yourself, your contributions to Gentoo outweigh it all. Because I am not a
78 Gentoo Developer, and Michał Górny. He is valued and I am a pest.
79
80 I can show public facts on how Michał Górny has violated the CoC. While I am
81 not a fan of Comrel. Just as a test I reported Michał Górny for a clear breach
82 of the CoC. Nothing happened. I guess I should have filed a public bug than
83 private email...
84
85 I also see Michał Górny introducing a good deal of work that needs to be done.
86 He is not the one doing the work. Nor finding people to do to the work. I would
87 question this core contribution benefit in the over all grand scheme.
90 William L. Thomson Jr.