From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2021-07-11 - call for agenda items
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 17:56:00
1 >>>>> On Tue, 06 Jul 2021, Aaron Bauman wrote:
2
3 > I know we don't technically enforce the ban as there is no mechanism to
4 > do so. It is a terrible in-between.
5
6 > So, it is a formality that takes a minute to vote on. Then, if someone
7 > should be an asshole and keep committing things that are deprecated it
8 > can be enforced by the QA team or other developers.
9
10 > I ask to keep the formality until a technical solution is in place as we
11 > *have* had the issue before. While it is not statistically significant
12 > it did cause undue pain for others.
13
14 Noted. Let's add "Ban EAPI 5" as an alternative motion.