From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council nominee 2018/19 questions
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 05:35:11
1 >>>>> On Tue, 26 Jun 2018, Christopher Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > And I'd like to ask the inevitable question: what do you think
4 > should be the roles of Gentoo Council and Trustees appropriately?
5
6 As I understand it, the Foundation with its board of Trustees manages
7 the financial assets. It also holds the Gentoo trademarks and
8 copyrights (though it is not entirely clear what copyright e.g. of
9 the Gentoo repo remains with the Foundation nowadays).
10
11 Otherwise, the developer community is self-governing and handles all
12 aspects of the distro (except for the ones listed above) itself.
13 By our metastructure model defined in GLEP 39, it elects a Council to
14 decide on global issues, which includes being an appeals instance for
15 teams like ComRel and QA.
16
17 Ulrich