From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Fw: Your temporary 2 week suspension on interacting on the Gentoo Github page
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 14:30:02
1 Today I receive notice of a 2 week suspension for the following
2 comment. Completely after the fact, days later.... This happened on
3 5/10/2017. Maybe eve on 5/9/2017. Someone is trying to clean up a mess.
4
5 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/1721#issuecomment-299942259
6
7 Gentoo is an absolutely absurd place these days. Repeatedly taking
8 action for even the most minor comments. Which is NOT by any means any
9 sort of CoC violation.
10
11 Exactly why I never bothered appealing anything. The past will never be
12 let go and I will always be sought out for any sort of punishment. No
13 matter what this says to others outside Gentoo. Which per above
14 contributors were already being neglected...
15
16 Really funny stuff!
17
18 Begin forwarded message:
19
20 Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 14:56:03 +0200
21 From: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
22 To: wlt-ml@××××××.com
23 Cc: comrel@g.o, infra@g.o, github@g.o
24 Subject: Your temporary 2 week suspension on interacting on the Gentoo
25 Github page
28 Dear William,
29
30 Gentoo's Github team has unanimously decided to prevent you from
31 posting and/or interacting with most projects hosted on Gentoo's Github
32 page for 2 weeks. This was done in response to your comment
33
34 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/1721#issuecomment-300178677
35
36 which is not the place to post comments and recount how Gentoo Java is
37 struggling with its staffing needs at the moment or historically. The
38 Github page and review functionality are for code-centric feedback and
39 technical discussions, not about Gentoo-meta issues or the like. We
40 want to keep the Github page a friendly environment for all non-Gentoo
41 contributors.
42
43 Please also take note of the fact that Gentoo's Github interface is not
44 part of the official Gentoo workflow, and as such is provided as a
45 best-effort service by the Github Project. None of this pertains to
46 your access under the aegis of the Gentoo workflow (Bugzie/ML/etc).
47
48 Kind Regards
49 David
50 on behalf of the Gentoo Github Team