From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting: Tuesday 14 August 2012, 19:00 UTC
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 00:03:33
1 On 08/14/2012 03:02 PM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 14:55:47 -0700
3 > Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
4 >> It seems like there's some confusion here. Approving a new EAPI and
5 >> deciding to use a new EAPI in a given profile are two entirely
6 >> different things. If we want to us a new EAPI in a profile, we just
7 >> have to deploy it such that users are only exposed to that profile
8 >> when they consciously running `eselect profile` (and they can always
9 >> revert back to the previous profile if it turns out that their
10 >> installed package manager doesn't support the new profile).
11 >
12 > There's still the issue that we haven't decided what [use] deps do when
13 > they show up in profile files. We were sticking at 1 until we worked
14 > that out.
15 >
16 > (Personally I'm in favour of just not allowing use deps anywhere in
17 > profiles, and requiring package manglers to enforce it.)
18
19 That sounds reasonable to me.
20 --
21 Thanks,