From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2015-01-13: call for agenda items
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 20:51:33
1 Rich Freeman:
2 >
3 > Really, though, it seems like the biggest complaint is AWOL project
4 > leads or members.
5
6 I don't think that's the biggest complaint. Unless you like in-tree
7 revert-wars (ask patrick about it), bugzilla-wars (ask diego about it)
8 and alienated users and devs we have to have a minimum of consensus and
9 communication.
10
11 If people don't answer e-mails, IRC pings, don't care about important
12 discussions (e.g. eclasses) and close valid bug reports, but STILL do a
13 lot of work themselves (which is the important point), then it doesn't
14 matter how much you do or want to do. It will just fail.
15
16 The lack of some functional projects is just a side effect of the fact,
17 that this behavior is tolerated. And you cannot make it go away with a GLEP.
18
19 Discussing the GLEP is effectively just downplaying the issue and hoping
20 that people will stop caring (most already do) and won't start forking.