From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation membership and who can join
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 15:04:09
1 This is why I oppose mooshing the roles together.
2
3 An ebuild maintaining nerd/codemonkey type may have little interest in
4 foundation politics, and vice versa. We should not force them to shoulder
5 roles they don't want.
6
7 As long as they're willing to play nice with the community, they should be
8 allowed to offer their support in any way they see fit. I don't think
9 putting vote quotas on anyone is going to help.
10