From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2019-05-12
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 01:46:38
1 On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 6:42 PM Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Please respond to this message with agenda items. Do not hesitate to
4 > repeat your agenda item here with a pointer if you previously
5 > suggested one (since the last meeting).
8 I would like the council to consider my patch to GLEP 63 to allow a
9 single combined primary/signing key when the key is stored on a
10 smartcard, so that keys may be generated on a Nitrokey without relying
11 on a primary key maintained offline in software, which I think will
12 not happen much in practice. This should increase the security of
13 signing keys by reducing handling or even storage of primary keys on
14 internet-connected hosts (which the GLEP already allows for).
15
16 Patch and discussion at:
17 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/d05070a200e4f5858642d308d9b3e39f
21 Rich