From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Shutting down the Off the Wall (was: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items ...)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 15:34:20
1 On 2020-12-12 15:42, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > Now we have a council member appealing directly to council again ...
3 > that sends the message to the community, yet again, that the
4 > processes that council are supposed to enforce don't apply to council
5 > members.
6 > Will the damage from that message ever be undone?
7
8 I really don't get your point here. What's your problem?
9
10 Council members are community members like everyone else.
11
12 So in this case, Matt, who is also in council, brought up the code of
13 conduct violations. Sure we can talk about the tone. But did anything
14 happen? Did we break any rules? Did we treat his request preferentially
15 in any way?
16
17 From my POV his request was handled the same and is currently going
18 through the same process like any other request: It was brought to
19 mailing list, is getting discussed and a motion was formulated. If you
20 don't agree on this motion feel free to either convince the community
21 why this motion should get rejected or maybe formulate your own motion
22 you want to pass.
26 Regards,
27 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
28 C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature