From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: Stefan Strogin (steils)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 09:39:32
1 On Tue, 7 May 2019 22:53:44 +0300
2 Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Good morning/evening everyone,
5 >
6 > It is my pleasure to announce a new Gentoo developer.
7 >
8 > Stefan is joining us from Kiev, Ukraine.
9 >
10 > He has been working on LibreSSL porting (and will continue his work as an
11 > official developer). Here is how he describes himself:
12 >
13 > "Born in Moscow, moved to Kiev three years ago.
14 > My hobbies (some of them) are: free and open source software, music, guitar,
15 > D&D, classic computer games, pre-reform Russian orthography, election
16 > monitoring.
17 > I like programming since childhood, my favourite language is C. While
18 > working
19 > on Gentoo I hope to learn something new, improve my technical skills and
20 > contribute more to the open source software overall upstreaming patches when
21 > possible."
22 >
23 > Please give him a warm welcome!
24
25 Come on, guys! I had the pleasure of meeting steils at FOSDEM, where he
26 continuously prodded me until I agreed to mentor him. I did what I
27 could but I have to also thank b-man for doing much of the work.
28
29 steils is now the newest member of the games team, which is awesome. :)
32 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
33 Gentoo Linux Developer