From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Cc: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2021-05-09
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 16:40:32
1 On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 8:48 AM Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Am Montag, 3. Mai 2021, 17:31:03 CEST schrieb Thomas Deutschmann:
4 > > On 2021-05-03 17:04, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
5 > > > Please don't go the "we are not responsible for anything" route,
6 > > > that's the fastest way to obstruct any productivity.
7 > >
8 > > Well, I don't know what we will discuss and what will be the
9 > > outcome. But imagine we would all agree and send a request to
10 > > foundation to stop spending AWS credits for X immediately.
11 > >
12 > > Foundation has to reject this request by law because such a request
13 > > must come from a natural person.
14 >
15 > Seriously, if the council would send a polite and friendly request to
16 > the foundation, and the trustees would outright refuse it only for
17 > that formal reason, I would consider that hostile and unconstructive
18 > behavior. Law doesn't come in because the trustees themselves can
19 > introduce motions.
20 >
21 > We should try to work together.
22
23 +1, if I did not make this clear in our IRC conversation; I want to
24 make it clear now.
25
26 -A
29 > If some of us don't do that, we need to find a better solution for
30 > Gentoo. That's why (following the ugly debates around Ian) I want a
31 > single elected body to be responsible.
32 >
33 > --
34 > Andreas K. Hüttel
35 > dilfridge@g.o
36 > Gentoo Linux developer
37 > (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)