From: "Toralf Förster" <toralf@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: Andrey Utkin (andrey_utkin)
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 03:06:31
1 On 11/11/2017 11:25 PM, Göktürk Yüksek wrote:
2 > Good day everyone!
3 >
4 > It is my pleasure to announce the latest addition to our family.
5 >
6 > Andrey Utkin is joining us from Ipswich, UK. He has been working on
7 > boto3 and related packages, and expresses interest in openrc. He has
8 > experience in multimedia processing, VoIP, and kernel driver development
9 > .
10 >
11 > Here is how he describes himself:
12 >
13 > "I am a loyal Gentoo user since 2007. Having used Slackware, Debian
14 > and FreeBSD before, I was stunned by Gentoo's transparency,
15 > comprehensiveness and convenience, in part because it forced me to
16 > learn many new things about how Linux works so that things _became_
17 > transparent and comprehensive to me.
18 >
19 > I am married to an awesome lady who is also a software engineer. We
20 > became happy parents this June. Because of this I expect severe
21 > shortage on free time, but my addiction to Gentoo will prevail anyway
22 >  and I'll find time to work on it regularly."
23 >
24 > Please give him a warm welcome!
27 Greatings Andrey,
28