From: Dean Stephens <desultory@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: council members and appeals
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 04:59:05
1 On 02/12/18 11:55, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > Hi Daniel,
3 >
4 > On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 08:53:24AM -0700, Daniel Robbins wrote:
5 >> How about if they just abstain from any votes where there may be a conflict
6 >> of interest? I would hate to limit the ability of people to contribute
7 >> technically just because they were elected to council.
8 >
9 > The confusing thing about this is, how would we define "conflict of
10 > interest"?
11 >
12 > Suppose that the council decides to accept an appeal from comrel. Is it
13 > a conflict of interest for a member of the council who is also a member
14 > of comrel to vote in the appeal? If it isn't, it is at least a pretty
15 > strong perception that it is.
16 >
17 Why? How? Exactly what sort of conflicting interest is supposed to be
18 present?
19
20 > William