From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Build log locales (was: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-08-13)
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 09:38:43
1 > >> > 3) if yes to 2), which locale?
2 > >>
3 > >> C.utf8
4 > >
5 > > A bit OT, but is it standardized these days ? Is it available by
6 > > default?
7 >
8 > I think debian is still creating this locale themselves.
9 >
10 > http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-glibc/glibc-package/trunk/debian/patch
11 > es/localedata/locale-C.diff?view=log
12
13 Well that's a problem then.
14
15 If we want to enable an english locale by default, we also have to make sure
16 it is present by default. Would it be acceptable to force generation of
17 en_US.UTF8 ?
18
19 [Please don't go into a bikeshed now about currencies, decimal delimiter etc.
20 This is for build logs. Nothing else. en_US.UTF8 seems like a reasonable
21 compromise.]
24 Andreas K. Huettel
25 Gentoo Linux developer (council, kde)
26 dilfridge@g.o
27 http://www.akhuettel.de/