From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Development <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: New developer: Matt Turner (mattst88)
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 02:03:00
1 On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o>:
5 >
6 >> As the first email in recruiters inbox from him is from May 2008 I bet
7 >> some of you are already familiar with Matt "mattst88" Turner. He is
8 >> joining us from Rock Hill, South Carolina to maintain the paper
9 >> weights that some people call Alpha computers. Now is the perfect
10 >> time to ask for keywords on all the things you have been waiting for
11 >> to be keyworded! Here's how he describes himself:
12 >
13 >  Taking him two years totally fits regarding the computing power of
14 > Alpha machines.
15
16 Hah!
17
18 To be totally fair, I really didn't pursue recruitment after my
19 initial contact until March of this year. Also, hopefully I'll be
20 receiving an AlphaServer ES47 soon, with dual 1 GHz EV7s and 8GB RAM.
21 So Alphas aren't quite as slow as you think! :)
22
23 I think it's also going to function as my heater this winter.
24
25 Matt