From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2020 / 2021 Election - Questions for Candidates
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 19:25:56
1 Team,
2
3 Its been my impression that this last years council has had a fairly
4 easy life compared to previous years.
5
6 Some context ...
7 The council is now 15 years old. Some concepts were worked out
8 over a few beers at FOSDEM 2005, formalised over the next six
9 months and the first council met in quarter 4 2005.
10
11 I have memories of the council being set up as a disputes
12 resolution body, not a leadership body but that was 15 years ago.
13
14 Some questions ...
15 1. What do candidates see the councils role as in Gentoo today?
16
17 2. How do candidates see the role of the Gentoo council
18 changing in the short term .. say the next few years?
19 3. Why is this role change required?
20
21 4. How will candidates work to bring this change about during
22 their term of office, should they be elected?
23
24 Please start new threads for new questions,
28 Regards,
29
30 Roy Bamford
31 (Neddyseagoon) a member of