From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-04-09
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 15:32:35
1 On 2 April 2013 15:25, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 > eapi: 'unsupported' 4630 pkgs found, 14.00% of the repository
3
4 What does the 'unsupported' stand for? What EAPI is this?
5
6 > We already "encourage" using the newest EAPI, see 20110308 meeting.
7 > (Though I fail to find this recommendation in the devmanual, shouldn't
8 > it be there?)
9
10 Probably yes but I need a bug about this otherwise I will forget about
11 it (or better yet someone can fix it for me)
14 > Should we have a stricter rule? Would such a rule help significantly
15 > reducing the number of EAPI 0 ebuilds?
16 I believe so. Maybe make repoman scream if you commit an ebuild with
17 1<=EAPI<=4 ?
20 Regards,
21 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
22 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang