From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Fw: Your temporary 2 week suspension on interacting on the Gentoo Github page
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 01:07:31
1 On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> What stops me, is seeing someone who wants to help get shut down by others
5 >>> just because they don't like him and in my opinion, targets him whenever
6 >>> possible.
7 >> You're making assumptions about motives. The fact is that you don't
8 >> have any knowledge about why some people aren't welcome in the
9 >> community.
10 >
11 > Actually, I'm basing it on what I can clearly see.
12
13 That is the problem. You probably didn't witness the stuff that has
14 gotten people booted. Hence you're on a crusade to defend the
15 innocent.
16
17 Do you think that anybody really enjoys going through all this
18 headache just to boot somebody? That's why most code of conduct
19 violations end up being ignored.
20
21 I challenge you to actually get yourself banned around here. It
22 probably wouldn't even occur to you what you'd have to do to
23 accomplish this. Why do you think we let countless people complain
24 about this stuff on the lists without just suppressing it?
27 Rich