From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] pre-GLEP: Gentoo Developer status
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 05:59:54
1 >>>>> On Fri, 13 Apr 2018, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike) wrote:
2
3 > Taking into account that the letter and not the spirit of GLEP 39 is
4 > usually thrown around as a weapon ("INFORMATIVE", HAH!). I strongly
5 > disrecommend having more "informative" policies.
6
7 Sorry, but I don't understand what you are talking about. GLEP types
8 are defined in GLEP 1 [1]:
9
10 ,----
11 | A Standards Track GLEP describes a new feature or implementation
12 | for Gentoo Linux. An Informational GLEP provides general guidelines
13 | or information to the Gentoo Linux community, but does not propose
14 | a new feature.
15 `----
16
17 MichaƂ's GLEP doesn't describe any new feature, but aims to document
18 current practice. Therefore it cannot be of type "Standards Track".
19
20 > [...]
21
22 > As a closing note, I'm really getting tired of all this "Either you
23 > write ebuilds or you are a piece of shit" philosophy that is running
24 > on the ambient nowadays. If such people want a developer centric
25 > source based distro, who gives shit about the non developers I
26 > strongly recommend trying Exherbo instead.
27
28 This is not helpful.
29
30 Ulrich