From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] gentoo dev map info
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:02:51
1 On Wednesday, February 23, 2011 12:37:28 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:59:56 +0200 Alex Alexander wrote:
3 > > Yes, some types of humor should be avoided to prevent cultural
4 > > misunderstandings.
5 >
6 > <snip>
7 >
8 > > That way we can improve our public image and users are less likely to
9 > > get the wrong impression and/or get offended :)
10 >
11 > Quite right too. I think the best thing Gentoo can do right now to
12 > improve its public image is to publish a twenty page dress code for
13 > what developers should wear when appearing at conventions. After all,
14 > some people find some types of clothing offensive, and Gentoo cannot be
15 > seen as the type of project that allows developers to wear jeans in
16 > public.
17
18 probably best we ban all types of pants
19 -mike