From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-08-09
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 08:12:05
1 Am Mittwoch, 5. August 2015, 23:27:56 schrieb James Le Cuirot:
2 >
3 > I don't have any obvious answer besides the suggestion of one infamous
4 > former developer that the recruiters should be more proactive in their
5 > approach instead of just waiting for people to show up at the door.
6 > That worked in the past but Gentoo isn't so popular now.
9 Well I certainly agree with him that more overlay contributors is the wrong
10 way to go. It just leads to the burn-out of those reviewing and proxying it to
11 the main tree.
12
13 (I see about 5 additional voiced people in #gentoo-java. How are the quizzes
14 progressing? Are you pushing them hard? :)
15
16 > If we can't satisfy these users then this will reflect badly on Gentoo
17 > as a whole at a time when we really can't take our user base for
18 > granted. I honestly fear for the future.
19
20 Sure. We had the same for Perl some time ago; the team was empty for a while.
21 Gentoo survived, but caster, zlogene, monsieurp and me are still catching up
22 in dev-perl. At least the Perl interpreter itself is now upstream current.
23
24 Sorry I can't be there on sunday (in the air somewhere over the US)...
27 Andreas K. Huettel
28 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)
29 dilfridge@g.o
30 http://www.akhuettel.de/