From: "Andreas K. Hüttel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] 'Gentoo in 2020', next round
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 00:55:51
1 > ------
2 > packages.gentoo.org The packages website has received a lot of
3 > improvements towards being a central source of information on Gentoo
4 > packages. It now shows the results of QA checks, bugs, pull requests
5 > referencing a package, and a maintainer dashboard indicating
6 > stabilization candidates and outdated versions (according to Repology).
7 > ------
8 >
9 > I'd like to add somewhere that these new checks are fully uniquely
10 > customizable via session (cookies?). For anyone wondering what I'm
11 > talking about, check
12 > https://packages.gentoo.org/user/preferences
13 > https://packages.gentoo.org/user/preferences/packages
16 Added!
19 > Then the last part... discontinued projects. I'd like to end this on a
20 > happier note. Like moving the whole "Please note that we can describe
21 > here only a few major items. We would like to thank all Gentoo
22 > developers for their relentless everyday Gentoo work. While they are
23 > often not recognized for this work, Gentoo could not exist without
24 > them." part at the very end, and somehow disconnect it from
25 > "Discontinued projects" via markdown. Just my opinion.
26
27 Good idea, I've moved the thanks paragraph to the end and expanded it a little
28 bit.
33 Andreas K. Hüttel
34 dilfridge@g.o
35 Gentoo Linux developer
36 (council, qa, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)