From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Future Election Visibility improvements? ( Was: Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Council election: less than 8h left to vote! )
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 09:08:24
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-project] Future Election Visibility improvements? ( Was: Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Council election: less than 8h left to vote! ) by Andrew Savchenko
On Fri, 2017-07-14 at 13:51 +0300, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
> > > Instead of or in addition to IRC, messages should also be sent to > > the > > gentoo-dev-announce mailing list when elections have opened (so > > that > > you can act on it right away, rather than needing to file it away > > for > > later), and a reminder message 24 hours before the election closes. > > And they were sent: > > 1. when election was opened: > https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev- > announce/message/f8b8f688a6d3ba4f1db35e0c55ccb7e5
This was *not* sent when the election was opened. It was sent when nominations opened. It was not actionable for voting. This was my point when I said that a message needs to be send that can be acted on right away, rather than filing it away for later action. Hans