From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [GLEP 39 overhaul] Voting by email, proxies and slacker rule.
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 23:23:44
1 Summary for this topic. Here's the list of propositions we need to
2 discuss during the meeting:
3
4 - There should be no vote by email.
5
6 - There are by-email vote for casual stuff and in-meeting votes when
7 it's important. However, council members are not allowed to vote by
8 email for in-meeting votes in order to not encourage slacking.
9
10 - We allow council members to vote by email on meeting votes after
11 the meeting in case they couldn't attend it.
12
13 - We allow council members to vote by email in advance when they know
14 they won't be able to attend a meeting. In that case they are not
15 considered as having missed the meeting.
16
17 - Same as above and we allow those who voted by email to revise their
18 vote after the meeting for a certain period of time (for example 48
19 hours after the meeting log is posted).
20
21 Denis.