From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2019-07-21
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 04:43:50
1 >>>>> On Sun, 07 Jul 2019, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > My second agenda item is: removing posting restrictions from gentoo-dev
4 > mailing list.
5
6 > I was on the Council that made those changes, and from retrospective I
7 > believe the decision to be a mistake. It was made to workaround
8 > a problem with inefficiency of ComRel, and we should have focused
9 > on fixing ComRel instead. I don't believe it serves its purpose well
10 > and IMO it causes more problems than it solves.
11
12 The restriction was introduced because of the problems that you had
13 pointed out in [1]. What measures do you propose instead, in order to
14 address these problems?
15
16 Ulrich
17