From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Fw: Your temporary 2 week suspension on interacting on the Gentoo Github page
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 19:06:39
1 On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > On wto, 2017-05-16 at 11:01 -0700, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >>
4 >> This is one of those situations where talking about a problem becomes
5 >> a problem...
6 >
7 > No. Productive talk about a problem is not a problem. Productive talk
8 > can bring solutions.
9
10 Certainly. But, nobody is offering solutions here. They're just
11 pointing at problems, and often those problems have to do with
12 manpower, where simply pointing at them doesn't accomplish much.
15 > What is a problem is that neither ComRel nor Council wants to resolve
16 > this situation and they let it span for months all over the place. So
17 > I'm going to even support William's statement that changes are
18 > necessary.
21 ++
22
23 There seems to be some interest in bringing back the proctors, which I
24 personally think is a good idea. I wouldn't mind giving the devs some
25 kind of direct say in how we approach this stuff as it is fairly
26 controversial. However, I think that right now the situation is just
27 frustrating everybody.
28
29 I think part of the reason that nobody wants to fix these issues is
30 because people also don't like dealing with the backlash. Whoever
31 suggests that xyz should be booted or that list traffic be moderated
32 is going to be reviled by many. So, everybody just ignores the issue.
33 It isn't like Comrel is getting paid...
36 Rich