From: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting [WAS: Council meeting summary for 8 May 2008]
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 05:22:11
1 Denis Dupeyron wrote:
2 > One reason is I consider this a minor incident. But the main reason is
3 > that it's up to the council to get themselves out of a situation
4 > they've put themselves in. You can't be one day the body that rules
5 > Gentoo, and go back to those who elected you the next day just because
6 > it's convenient. There's an issue with consistency and credibility
7 > here.
8 >
9 > Denis.
10
11 It really isn't the Councils decision and the only thing they can do to
12 get themselves out of this situation is to hold an election. Firstly,
13 even tho this is absolutely minor , GLEP 39 has been "breached" and it
14 details what the solution is for that breach. Therefore that solution,
15 a new council via an election, _must_ be performed.
16
17 If it isn't then we will no longer have a functioning Council with a
18 mandate from the ppl!!! ( maybe a little over dramatic ). There would
19 be no requirement for anything they say to be enacted upon and the "shit
20 would hit the fan". ( or would we just elect a new council and let them
21 pretend to be the one true Council ).
22
23 Could any developer challenge the validity of the Council. Who would be
24 responsible for judging that, Foundation members?
25
26 In fact, whose duty is it too call the election? Decide when any
27 election is to take place?
28 --
29 gentoo-project@l.g.o mailing list