From: Robert Buchholz <rbu@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [gentoo-project] Reply to setting Was: Improving developer/user communication]
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 00:52:09
1 On Saturday, 21. July 2007 02:37, Dale wrote:
2 > Is it just me or is the reply to function not working on this list
3 > yet? When I hit reply to, it appears that it is not going to the
4 > list but to the person that sent the message I am replying too.
5 >
6 > Oh, I did this as a forward since asking just George may not do any
7 > good. Sorry if this messes up the headers or something.
8
9 This list does not have "reply to munging" enabled, meaning the Reply-To
10 will not be set to the list address for you.
11
12 On some reasons why that often is a good idea, read the
13 article "Reply-To Munging Considered Harmful" [1].
14
15 Please use the "Reply to all" or "Reply to list" features of your
16 mailer, they all have either of those if not both. Please do not use
17 forwarding.
18
19 Also, you could write some procmail rule (if applicable) to reset the
20 Reply-To for your incoming mail, see [2] for details.
21
22 -R.
25 [1] http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
26 [2]