From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Date-of-birth in developer applications
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 09:12:37
1 W dniu śro, 20.06.2018 o godzinie 10∶47 +0200, użytkownik Ulrich Mueller
2 napisał:
3 > > > > > > On Wed, 20 Jun 2018, Michał Górny wrote:
4 > > I'd like to revive the topic of requiring date-of-birth for
5 > > developers. Currently, we 'require' this date in developer
6 > > applications and store it in our LDAP (it's not public). However,
7 > > I'm not aware of any good justification for collecting this kind of
8 > > personal information.
9 >
10 > IANAL, but won't this be relevant once we require Signed-off-by lines
11 > with our commits?
12 >
13 > Also, the information can be useful for statistical purposes. For
14 > example, I had shown an age distribution of devs in a previous talk
15 > of mine: https://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/talks/intro_to_gentoo.tar.xz
16 > (page 34 there).
19 I don't recall agreeing to my birth date being used for statistical
20 purposes.
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny