From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: comrel@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: comrel changes
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 21:26:59
1 Alec Warner schrieb:
2
3 > I'm a little bit concerned that this addresses the symptoms instead of the problem. Have you shared your concerns with comrel regarding their lack of timely communication on reported issues? Do they even share the same goals you enumerated?
4 >
5 > My strawperson argument is that:
6 >  - (0) The council will elect some lead.
7 >  - The lead will never write reports (or write them but stop.)
8 >  - The lead will get removed per policy.
9 >  - Council will elect a new lead.
10 >  - GOTO 0
11
12 My suggestion is in that case of missed report deadline, Council asks for
13 volunteers from the developer community to step up, and appoints two of them
14 to go through ComRel records and produce the transparency report.
15
16 Regular independent review of ComRel activity is what NeddySeagoon and I
17 originally suggested and discussed with ComRel a while back. But they seemed
18 completely against it, so we eventually dropped it.
21 Best regards,
22 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn