From: Joe Peterson <lavajoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New developer: Andrey Grozin (grozin)
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 15:07:36
1 Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Joining us from Novosibirsk, Russia is Andrey Grozin. Andrey will be
3 > working on those weird science ebuilds we have in the tree. He will be
4 > joining the sci and sci-mathematics herds. Andrey will be join
5 > neddyseagoon in the ranks of our oldest developers. He was coding
6 > Fortran long before I was born. Andrey works in the area of theoretical
7 > particle physics and has written several books. He also has a couple of
8 > projects little project registered at freshmeat (greyboard and ccp).
9 > Please give him the usual warm welcome.
10
11 Andrey, welcome from one of the "older" developers!
12
13 A new instrument we are developing (at my work) for an upcoming Mars
14 rover is a high energy particle detector. As a matter of fact, we
15 recently needed to work with Geant4, which is not officially in Gentoo
16 yet; if you are planning to work on this, it would be a welcome addition!
17
18 -Joe
19 --
20 gentoo-project@l.g.o mailing list