From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Updating gentoo.org/get-started/screenshots/
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 05:15:27
1 Hey,
2
3 https://www.gentoo.org/get-started/screenshots/ these aren't very
4 represantive in 2020. Can we update this page?
5
6 Now my question really is, where do we get the material? Do we need to
7 arrange posts in forums/reddit saying we're looking for desktop
8 screenshots and if you send one, you agree to putting it up for show in
9 gentoo.org. Or can we take pictures from places where they are licensed
10 with licenses such as CC-BY-SA (complying with license terms)? Or do we
11 just ask our current user/devbase to provide high-quality screenshots
12 directly in here, or via private e-mail?
13
14 There are a couple of good examples in https://twitter.com/gentoo
15
16 Ideally I'd like 1 picture of Gnome, 1 of KDE, 1 of Cinnamon/Mate/LXQt,
17 1 of any tiling WM. Just choose 4-8 the best ones to show how beatiful
18 Gentoo can get.
19
20 -- juippis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature